This is your chance to explore the Chatham Islands with a particular focus on the unique bird life of the islands- discovering the many bird species that call the Chatham Islands home.
Discover the Chatham Islands along with the many bird species that call these islands home. Enjoy a small boat trip to watch the bird life that spends its time at sea as well as sail close by SE Island and Mangere Island, these islands are central to the survival story of the Chatham Island Black Robin. Asides from learning about the birdlife you will meet the locals and visit each corner of the island to see the various historical and geographical sites.
• Enjoy the history, culture, geology, flora and fauna of the island
• Learn about the unique Chatham Islands birds and plants
• Explore the basalt columns of Ohira Bay
• Visit Pitt Island, exploring the islands nature reserves
• Learn about the Moriori people and visit the Moriori Kopinga Marae
• Spend a full day exploring the outer islands of the Chathams from the water including – SE Island and Mangere
• Travel with Mike Bell, one of the foremost experts on the Chatham Islands birdlife
• Learn about the work of the Chatham Island Taiko Trust
• Return air travel on Air Chathams – ex CHC
• Seven night’s accommodation
• All meals including continental breakfast / picnic lunches / buffet dinners
• All sightseeing and entry fees as per itinerary
• Full day Pitt Island tour including flights and lunch
• Full day boat charter to discover Mangere, Little Mangere and South East Islands
• A 90 page ‘Discover the Chatham Islands’ booklet and map on arrival
Departs Christchurch – 9th February 2020
PRICED FROM: $6,975 pp
Limited spaces available
ASK OUR TRAVEL ADVISORS
* Prices are per person based on twin share. T&Cs apply, please contact us for more details.