Each spring, Japan’s landscape is host to fragile pink and white sakura blooming; stunning colour that is celebrated throughout the entire country. Start this journey in bustling Tokyo and see its impressive gardens, go in search of the famous ‘snow monkeys’ and the alpine ‘old town’ of Takayama. On to cultural Kyoto and poignant Hiroshima, ending with spectacular views of Mt Fuji from the top of Mt Owakudani. This unique and incredibly scenic country with enchanting culture, wonderful cuisine, and gracious people awaits you.
YOUR JOURNEY AT A GLANCE
- Visit some of the best spots for cherry blossom colour
- Enjoy Tokyo’s mix of traditional and modern culture
- Visit the ‘snow monkeys’ in Yudanaka
- Japan’s most atmospheric townscape, Takayama
- See beautiful Buddhist temples, imperial palaces, and the Arashiyama Bamboo Grove in Kyoto
- Visit poignant yet vibrant Hiroshima
- See spectacular views of Mt Fuji, an iconic landmark
- A World Journeys host to guide you every step of the way
Take the ultimate sushi-lovers tour in Tokyo
Visit Tsukiji to see the world’s largest fish market. A sushi master will guide us through making sushi rolls and nigiri which we will then enjoy for lunch.
Visit steaming hot springs to see monkeys bathing
Visit Yudanaka Onsen where we hope to see wild ‘snow monkeys’ (Japanese Macaque) relaxing in the steaming hot springs surrounded by thick forest.
Tour the historic villages of Shirakawa-go and Gokayama
Located in a mountainous region that was cut off from the rest of the world for a long period of time, these villages with their Gassho-style houses subsisted on the cultivation of mulberry trees and the rearing of silkworms. On this tour we will see the fascinating houses with their steeply pitched thatched roofs, the only examples of their kind in Japan