Fully escorted with a bilingual tour leader, plus some expert local guides. Choose this trip if you either think you will only visit South America once to sample of the highlights, or to get an idea of the area so you can then come back for further in depth travel to specific regions.
It will give you a taste of the diverse cultures and geography that is South America and will whet your appetite to explore further. You will experience a variety of climatic zones from the steamy Amazon Basin, to the cool heights of the Andean Altiplano.
We travel a on a variety of transport from planes to motorized canoes, public coaches and mostly private vans. There are a few long travel days (10-12 hrs) and one long public bus trip on a comfortable long distance coach. Accommodation is simple but comfortable, on a twin share basis with en-suite rooms and hot water. Hotels are chosen for their safety, location, ambiance and friendly staff. If you enjoy unique journeys and look forward to special experiences, this will be the trip of a lifetime.
- Walking tour of Buenos Aires and Argentine Experience
- Explore off the beaten track coloured canyons of Nth Argentina
- Travel over the shimmering salt lakes of Uyuni and visit fascinating La Paz
- Experience the Uros floating reed islands & the unique culture of Taquile Island, Lake Titicaca
- Visit the lost City of the Inca’s – Machu Picchu
- Indulge in fine Latin American cuisine including Andean specialities
- Explore the city of Cusco and Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Travel deep into the Amazon rainforest near Puerto Maldonado and spot exotic wildlife
- End with an insightful city tour of Lima, “City of Kings”
YOUR HOLIDAY PRICE INCLUDES:
Costing $16,500.00 per person (single supplement $2,900.00)
Price Includes ;
- Flights ex Auckland
- Tour Hosts and Tour Leader
- Buenos Aires city tour and Argentine Experience & Tango show
- 4WD excursion in Bolivia through the Uyuni salt lakes
- Lake Titicaca full day guided tour
- Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu guided tour
- Cuzco cooking class and city tour
- Eco Lodge Amazon Excursion (3 nights)
- Half day Lima city tour
- Bilingual tour leader throughout and specialized local guides for excursions
- All flights and transport within South America, transport & accommodation
- Tips pool of USD120 per person for local guides & drivers
- The cost of entry fees for all scheduled tours.
- Local payment of US$500
- Meals as listed